About Me

My photo
I am a 22 year old who just finished my bachelors degree in Health Care Administration. I work at Mercy and am enthusiastic about starting my career. I have a beautiful family and am blessed with a wonderful man to love. (You'll know when I get a ring!) My blog is named Spoken For after a song by Mercy Me that explains my salvation in Jesus Christ. My faith defines me. I love music and plan on sharing quotes often. "Covered by a love devine, child of the risen lord. To hear you say this ones mine, My heart is Spoken For."

Monday, October 5, 2009

Friends, or the lack thereof...


WEll, I was informed that I do not blog enough, so here I am! :) Thanks Jenn~~

It has been a busy couple of weeks and here is the summary. Corey had a great game the last two Fridays and El Reno remains undefeated. Luke, J-dub (Jennifer), and my older brother Justin traveled to Altus and had a crazy road-trip. The car died for a second on the way down there, we laughed so hard at the song "fireflies," we got caught in monsoon rain at the game, had to buy new clothes at walmart, and then made a royal mistake of stopping in the white-trash capital of Lawton to get some late-night grub!

Luke's parents returned from Canada last Thursday and we are so happy they are home for awhile. My sister came down with H1N1, but due to some prayer warriors, she is feeling much better. I have decided I need a second job and have really been struggling to accept that.

But here is what I really want to "blog" about, Friends. The older I get the harder it is for me to make, or even keep, friends. Maybe you are like me: I can count my great friends on one hand and have lost track of how many acquaintances I have. I have really struggled with this for two reasons. When I was in high school I had a pretty solid group of friends. There were about 6 of us that were inseparable and then I had friends through basketball, choir, drama ect. The other reason it erks me not to have a big group of friends is because I am tempted to blame myself. I am obviously not in high school any more, but I am very particular about who I surround myself with. Growing up my mom said a million times, "you are who you run with." I can look back now and see the solid truth in her advise. Here are some of my criteria in picking friends:

Are you a Christian? I do not expect for my friends to agree with all of my beliefs, but associating yourself with non-believers is a recipe for disaster.

Do we have the same morals? I have lost several friends over this topic and I don't feel the need to give examples. But, if I strongly disagree with how someone is living there life, it becomes impossible to stay friends.
ANd Finally, Are you a giver or a taker? I consider myself a very generous person, and sadly I know how it feels to be used or taken advantage of.



So there you have it Sierra's friend requirements. It would also be nice to have friends with something in common. At my age, people are either being completely irresponsible or already have a family (which may be the result of being irresponsible) :)

Although I miss the companionship's I had in High school, I am content with the good friends I do have and eager to meet the ones to come in the future.



Since Luke and I saw Toy Story in 3d and it matches the post, here are your lyrics for the day: "You've got a friend in me, You've got a friend in me. If You've got problems, I've get em too. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you. We stick together and can see them through. Cause you've got a friend in me. Ya You've got a friend in me! "








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! you posted something! haha just kidding.

Good post - obviously I know the details of this post because we talk about stuff like that all the time :)but I still liked it.

You're an inspiring friend, so keep it up! love you!!

Followers