About Me

My photo
I am a 22 year old who just finished my bachelors degree in Health Care Administration. I work at Mercy and am enthusiastic about starting my career. I have a beautiful family and am blessed with a wonderful man to love. (You'll know when I get a ring!) My blog is named Spoken For after a song by Mercy Me that explains my salvation in Jesus Christ. My faith defines me. I love music and plan on sharing quotes often. "Covered by a love devine, child of the risen lord. To hear you say this ones mine, My heart is Spoken For."

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!


*I know this is not an awesome picture but I love it because we were having fun on vacation and my Dad is Smiling so big!
Septemeber 17th is an important day in our household! It is the birthday of my Great Grandpa David and my Dad! Grandpa David will be celebrating with Jesus tomorrow while we celebrate with dad down here. I think it is appropriate to tell you a bit about my awesome dad. My dad did the usual: he attended my ball games, taught me how to drive, and threatened my boyfriends with shoutguns. What is extraordinary about my dad is that he was not obligated to so. My parents got divorced when I was young, and in the words of Forrest Gump, "Thats all I have to say about that." :) The day my dad said "I Do" to my mom he also gained two children.
Have you ever heard the saying, "The best thing a father can do for his children is love their Mother?" I believe this proposition holds true. I am so much like my mother that I can say this, there were many times that his support kept her from pulling her hair out. I won't reveal which smart-mouth teenager drove her to the edge, but she is now a respectful college graduate! :) I have recently realized that the things I love so much about Luke are things he has in common with My dad. What a blessing! I could go on and on, but I will end with this-
Here is to the years that made you you and to the many more we get to spend together. Happy Birthday Dad!
"Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear DA-AD. Happy Birthday to you!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post - I'll be honest, I teared up a bit. That couldn't have been worded any better friend, keep it up!

Followers